Sunday, May 8, 2011

Relationships, Others, Reflection, Ourselves
Relationships
by Steve Ganz

Question by Deborah E:

Are our relationships with others a reflection of the relationships we have with ourselves?





They say that knowing oneself and really understanding oneself is one of the most important things one can do in life. Many people don't take the time to do so. Also, our relationships with others our a reflection of the relationships we have with ourselves. In other words, our feelings toward other people are representative of the feelings we have toward ourselves.
So my question is are others necessary to help us understand ourselves?




Best answer:

Answer by death from above
NO
Because I am not a compulsive liar and I'm dependable.
*edit*
Those who thumbed down my above comment are completely backwards because the persons closest to me is either a liar and the other SO undependable and flakey. So in which case I am NOT like that. Yes it has helped me discover things about myself that I am so much stronger, way more dependable, and easily honest. The flaws in my immediate relationship with these people does not mean I carry the flaws myself in which case I strongley disagree with the question. And I'm in a situation to where I cannot get rid of these people. The relationships are pretty poisonous and it drives me crazy that I have to be around it. I did NOT come into the situation knowing these things about these people, it was unrevealed or developed -after- knowing them. I do NOT purposely seek out trouble filled relationships.





Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Other posts like this, by keyword:

Relationships:

What We Know about Emotional Intelligence: How It Affects Learning, Work, Relationships, and Our Mental Health ...
Modularity: Understanding the Development and Evolution of Natural Complex Systems (Vienna Series in Theoretical Biology) ...
Dying for the Gods: Human Sacrifice in Iron Age & Roman Europe ...
The Karma in Your Relationships: Bonds from Other Times and What They Want from Us ...
What percentage of American families have close relationships? ...
Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Family and Personal Relationships ...
How do different living and physical features form relationships in the great barrier reef? ...
Life Can Be Positively Different: A Positive Approach to Fulfilling Relationships ...
GirlSource: A Book by and for Young Women about Relationships, Rights, Futures, Bodies, Minds, and Souls Reviews ...
Fulfilling Relationships ...
Others:

How i will make the configure 1 computer to others computers? ...
Q&A: Why are some bibles way longer than others? ...
Be prepared to prepare others ...
The New York World’s Fair, 1939/1940: in 155 Photographs by Richard Wurts and Others ...
How can I use a degree in finance to help others? ...
Dragonflies through Binoculars: A Field Guide to Dragonflies of North America (Butterflies and Others Through Binoculars Field Guide Series) ...
The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader: Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow Reviews ...
why can some animals bond with humans while others cant? ...
Teen Manners–Why Bother?: Showing You Care Helps Others Like You ...
Why Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Affects Some Children But Not Others ...
Reflection:

Intervention and Reflection: Basic Issues in Medical Ethics Reviews ...
Ourselves:

Facing History and Ourselves: Holocaust and Human Behavior ...
Best space invader movies tell us about ourselves ...
For a Christian do good works come from God working through us or from ourselves? ...
Seeing Ourselves: Classic, Contemporary, and Cross-Cultural Readings in Sociology (8th Edition) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment