Thursday, March 17, 2011

Entertaining, Lastest, NEWS, Room, Building, Campus, A105A, Woodroffe
Check out these Alternate images:

Room A105-A, A Building, Woodroffe Campus



Your Ad Here





Alternate


Image by Gamma-Ray Productions

This photo was taken in my classroom at 11:56 AM on Friday, April 23rd, 2010

I take this to point out my being in my final class of the semester, but more importantly to illustrate what I missed to be here.
You see, this is the last "mocking" kind of photograph I will upload intentionally.

I came to this class purposefully missing a fundraiser my old high school was putting on today, called the "Merivale Detention."

I'm going to provide two realities here to explain this:

Alternate Reality
In an alternate reality, I happily skip the first little half of my last class of the year. I head down to Merivale High School and enter their cafeteria. I have my camera with me. They are setting up their fundraiser as lunch begins and prepare to run it. Full of well-meaning, happiness and a feeling of doing something extremely nice, I take as many photos as I can. Afterwards I go and complete my last class.
That afternoon, I upload my photos to the computer, process the best ones, then upload them here to Flickr.
I'm not going to state who they are, but they see the photos on my photostream, and, being intelligent and thankful, they click on the "All Sizes" button and download the photos, in their original resolution, to their computer.
From then on, they use the photos that I took of their legacy and effectively use them in their campaign to be co-president or president of the student body of their prestigious school. Downloading the ones from last year wouldn't have worked because that doesn't show that it's an annual thing that goes on every year due to it being so fun and effective and their idea. They go on to be president of the student body, the photos of her past ideas being effective enough in her campaign, and the students can hope they can do those things to their teachers.

-----

Unfortunately, this isn't that reality, because I no longer have any contact with them, but that's life as it is. In this reality, I go straight to school, bringing my camera, and I take the above photo of my workspace to illustrate my point. I had intended on taking the photo right at 11:15 AM, when the fundraiser would be in full swing, but the professor was talking and I didn't want to interrupt him with a loud camera shutter, and anyway he was paranoid I'd take a photo of him.

Now, like I said, this is the last thing I do regarding them. I'm no longer going to beat it to death. I'm finished. I do sincerely hope that they raised a significant amount of funds for - I forget which - research that they raised it for. And my buddy Fred will probably have taken some photos which I'll treat myself to seeing. Anyway, goodbye to my classmates at college. My point has been made and no more shall be bluntly forced.



Barbers' Garden, July 2008: Campanula (Bellflower)

Alternate


Image by bill barber

From my set entitled “Campanula”
www.flickr.com/photos/21861018@N00/sets/72157607217763461/
In my collection entitled “The Garden”
www.flickr.com/photos/21861018@N00/collections/7215760718...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campanula

Campanula (Cam-pá-nu-la) is one of several genera of in the family Campanulaceae with the common name bellflower. It takes its name from their bell-shaped flowersâ€"campanula is Latin for "little bell".

The genus includes about 300 species and several subspecies, distributed across the temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere, with the highest diversity in the Mediterranean region east to the Caucasus.

The species include annual, biennial and perennial plants, and vary in habit from dwarf arctic and alpine species under 5 cm high, to large temperate grassland and woodland species growing to 2 m tall.

The leaves are alternate, sessile, and often vary in shape on a single plant, with larger, broader leaves at the base of the stem and smaller, narrower leaves higher up; the leaf margin may be either entire or serrated (sometimes both on the same plant). Many species contain white latex in the leaves and stems. The flowers are produced in panicles (sometimes solitary), and have a bell-shaped, five-lobed corolla, typically large (2-5 cm or more long), mostly blue to purple, sometimes white or pink. The fruit is a capsule containing numerous small seeds.

Well-known species include the northern European Campanula rotundifolia, commonly known as Harebell in England and Bluebell in Scotland, and the southern European Campanula medium, commonly known as Canterbury Bells, which is a cultivated garden plant in the United Kingdom. As well as several species occurring naturally in the wild in northern Europe, there are many cultivated garden species. The species Campanula rapunculus, commonly known as Rampion Bellflower, Rampion, or Rover Bellflower, is an annual vegetable and a popular garden plant, though sometimes considered too invasive. There are blue, purple and white varieties. The Brothers Grimm's tale Rapunzel gave its name to this plant.

Campanula species are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species including Common Pug (recorded on Harebell), Dot Moth, Ingrailed Clay (recorded on Harebell), Lime-speck Pug and Mouse Moth.

perseid alternate

Alternate


Image by johndan

My monitors are calibrated differently, so here's an alternate version (each looks ok on one of my monitors but not the other....)

Your Ad Here



Other posts like this, by keyword:

Entertaining:

Science Fiction Books blog ...
History Books blog ...
Reference Books ...
Reference Books ...
Science Fiction and Fantasy Books ...
Romance Books blog ...
Computers and Internet Books ...
Food Lit Books ...
Field Guides Books ...
Ancient Books blog ...
Lastest:

United States Books blog ...
History Books blog ...
How to Books blog ...
Social Issues Books ...
Social Issues Books ...
Teens Books blog ...
Golf Books blog ...
High Tech Books ...
Occult Books blog ...
Historical Books blog ...
NEWS:

United States Books blog ...
History Books blog ...
How to Books blog ...
Social Issues Books ...
Social Issues Books ...
Teens Books blog ...
Golf Books blog ...
Coaching Books blog ...
High Tech Books ...
Occult Books blog ...
Room:

Personal Investing Books ...
Chick Lit Books ...
Computers and Internet Books ...
Social Sciences Books ...
Bibles Books ...
Fiction review: Room ...
The Outdoor Living Room: Stylish Ideas for Porches, Patios, and Pools ...
The Priest and The Secret Room (sexy, Romance, erotica) Reviews ...
Room by Room Designsource ...
What are some easy crafts to decorate my room? ...
Building:

Mothers and Children Books ...
Entertainment Books ...
blog Childrens Books ...
Art History Books blog ...
Mind and Body Books ...
Law Books blog ...
Eldercare Books ...
Mystery and Thrillers Books ...
Childcare Books ...
Personal Investing Books ...
Campus:

TSG’s wireless printing goes live on Main Campus ...
Despite cuts, ETSU finance leader says campus in good shape ...
A105A:

Woodroffe:

No comments:

Post a Comment